Donate to OCBC
There are four ways to donate to OCBC:
- Endowment Fund
The Vehicle Donation Program is a way for donors to contribute used cars, trucks, vans, mobile homes and boats to OCBC. The program enables donors to help OCBC while receiving a tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the vehicle. The OCBC Endowment Fund has entered into an agreement with Frank & Harold's Used Cars (F&H) to handle the pickup, removal, sale or disposal of donated vehicles. Use the attached form below.
These are the steps in the vehicle donation process:
- Donor notifies OCBC of desire to donate vehicle in person, or by mail.
- Vehicle donation form or information is turned into OCBC's office.
- Office notifies Frank and Harold’s Used Cars (F&H), providing donor and vehicle information.
- F&H mails to donor Release of Liability and Title Release form.
- Forms are mailed back to OCBC.
- When forms are received at our office, OCBC will notify F&H that forms are in good order.
- OCBC will instruct F&H to pick up vehicle.
- F&H contacts donor to arrange date and time of pick-up. Pick up is done at the donor's convenience and at our expense.
- F&H picks up vehicle, donor signs off on pick-up form provided by F&H.
- donor sign off on pick-up form provided by F&H
- donor gives vehicle key to F&H
- F&H give donor a receipt acknowledging pickup of vehicle
- F&H fax copy of pick-up form within 24 hours to OCBC.
- If the vehicle’s value is more than $5000, F&H will arrange an appraisal at no costs to the donor and that information will be provided the donor to substantiate the deduction.
- OCBC sends a confirmation and thank you letter to donor that states value of the vehicle.
- F&H processes title transfer, all DMV paperwork, and smog check. Again at no cost to the donor.
- Vehicle is sold at auction, or sold for parts, and proceeds forwarded to OCBC.